ISO Practice Leader
Neelov started his IT career in CMC, ex-IBM, and during this time he has implemented several large projects to protect IT security and safety in Coal mines in India. Later on, he functioned as Executive Director of Digital Technologies and Vice President of RS Software. He moved to USA to implement Y2K for several large corporations in the US. He has been working as Account Manager (Client Executive) in Dell Services/ Perot Systems from 1999 till 2012, where he has been instrumental in opening new accounts and managing and expanding existing accounts at different client sites with different technologies and domain expertise. As an Account Manager/ Program Manager he has implemented multiple large projects on mainframe and client server environment. He has worked as a consultant in several organization to implement business process improvement initiatives and information security. Currently, Neelov is an independent consultant providing auditing and consulting services in the areas of QMS, Service Management and Information Security. He possesses the knowledge of best industry practices in Information Security/ Data Privacy and Risk Management through auditing and Consulting the top IT companies such as Microsoft, Accenture, HP, Oracle, SAP. He has used several data discovery, reverse engineering and data masking tools in several projects during his tenure. Some of the significant projects are:
- CMC Ltd. (1987 – 1995) Sr. Consultant:
- Graphic Data Management: IBM 4361/ Tektronix: Developed Geological data presentation application on Fortran
- ERP project for Coal Mines: Designed the system using Yourdon CASE System Modeling tool creating Data Flow Diagram and ER Diagram/ Data Dictionary
- SCADA Project for Coal Washery: Used data from different sources like PLC, RTU, Analog/ Digital data from Sensors, Actuators and operator entries of data. Presented in the operator panel for process control
- Digital Technologies (1995 – 1996) Executive Director:
- Bank of Tokyo: Reversed engineered a Cobol Application. Used Exelator tool to create the data model/ Data Dictionary and process model. Redeveloped the application on database management system.
- MRP tool for Generator Manufacturing company: Designed the database and managed the application development using FoxPro.
- RS Software (1996 – 1998) Vice President:
- Y2K Assessment/ remediation for VISA: Mainframe 390/ COBOL/ Assembler – Used several reverse engineering and data discovery tools to identify the date fields from VSAM and Flat files
- Fingerhut Application Maintenance – Onsite/ Offshore – COBOL/ Assembler/ VSAM/ DB2/ CICS on Mainframe
- Perot Systems/ Dell Services (1998 – 2012) Client Executive
- Excel Communication: Y2K Impact Analysis/ Remediation Project: Used Date Impact Analysis Tool for Data Discovery and remediation from variety of data sources like: Flat File, Access Database, Excel Spreadsheet etc.
- MBNA Credit Card Application: Converting VSAM files to DB2 – Millions of Lines of Code written in COBOL/ Assembler – Analyzed the VSAM files data structure to design the database in DB2 and MS SQL. Maintained high level of data privacy using encryption in the application and data obfuscation for application testing
- TIBCO Professional Services Group: TIBCO/ ARIBA Project – Used Rendezvous messaging tool, Message Broker tool to interface different ERP Tool like BAAN, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards with different DBMS at the backend as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2.
Since February 2012 working as an Independent Consultant performing audits and providing consulting serveices in Information Security, Data Privacy, Service Management, Cloud Security Alliance, PII on Cloud for BSI, DQS, SGS and PECB.
- Certified Trainer of PECB for
- Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO) for GDPR
- Privacy Information Management Systems (ISO 27701)
- Service Management Systems (ISO 20000/ ITIL)
- Information Security Management Systems (ISO 27001)
- Consulting Services for
- GDPR Assessment for Movius
- GDPR/ CCPA Assessment and DPIA for Vouched
- PII on Cloud (ISO 27018) assessment for Avanade
- Cloud Security Alliance (CSA STAR) for Accenture QAD and Microsoft
- PenTest for UL
- Establishing Information Security Management Practice for UL
Before joining Perot Systems Neelov worked in other organizations in senior positions and has a total of 25 years of IT experience out of which about 17 years he performed as Project/ Program/ Account Manager. He is a certified PMP and very active in Dallas PMI Chapter. He teaches Project Leadership and Project Risk Management
He has a strong track record in the areas of Quality. He is RABQSA certified ISO 9000 Lead Auditor, ISO 14000 Lead Auditor, ISO 20000 Lead Auditor, ISO 27000 Lead Auditor, Six Sigma Certified, CSA STAR and a Certified Quality Analyst. He is also well versed with PCI, CMMi Model, TQM and ITIL practices. He has performed more than 400 hours of ISO 20000 audit and 100000 hours of ISO 27001/ 27018/ CSA STAR for different clients through BSI, SGS and DQS.
Neelov began his career with Planning Commission, Government of India after his graduation from Friendship University, Moscow. Later on, he completed his MBA from BIT Mesra and joined CMC, an ex-IBM organization.